The Transporters Home Pack
Helps children with autism recognize emotions.
The Transporters Home Pack includes:
- 15 fun five minute episodes, showing key emotions in context;
- 30 entertaining interactive quizzes to reinforce and test understanding;
- 36-page booklet for parents, teachers and carers explaining how to get the most out of The Transporters at home and at school.
The Transporters was developed with the Autism Research Centre at Cambridge University. It uses animated vehicles with real human faces to help children transfer learning to real life.
Episodes and quizzes are designed to be enjoyed repeatedly. Children love to watch them again and again - and this helps them learn.
The Transporters has been shown to work:
- The series has been tested with children with autism all the way through its development.
- The Transporters is fully evaluated.
- Thousands of families throughout the world are already benefiting from The Transporters. Find out what they say about the series.
- In 2010, The Transporters won the Association of Electronic Publishers’ Distinguished Achievement Award for Special Education Preschool.
- In 2007 The Transporters was nominated for a prestigious Learning Primary BAFTA award.
There are two versions of The Transporters Home Pack
- There is a North American and British English version of the DVD pack.
- The Transporters has been designed to be played on a television. Television standards vary around the world, so it's important to choose the right DVD version.
- Each version also has the correct local accents and vocabulary.
The Transporters is now owned by Autism Transporters. This is a "Community Interest Company" (not-for-personal-profit). Profits from the sale of The Transporters go to the Autism Research Trust.